Getting help from your ward Councillors

Any resident in Coombe Vale can come and see their local councillors at the monthly Ward Surgery and talk to them about any issue they have with the services that Kingston Council provides. Ideally, residents should first approach the Council through the Contact centre, or the Police.

Residents should feel free to come to us if they feel that the Council has not responded appropriately.

It is best to start by getting in touch with Councillors via email (or alternatively telephone), summarising the problem, so that they can make a few enquiries before meeting you face-to-face. It is helpful if you bring documentation or correspondence if you have it to hand.

The sort of issues which are often raised are:

  • Planning enquiries
  • Social housing issues, such as dampness and windows
  • Benefits and charges for services
  • Education and Social Service queries


  • Youth anti-social behaviour
  • State of roads, pavements, trees, etc.
  • General signposting on where to get help
  • Suggestions on improving the neighbourhood, or the borough.

Ward surgeries are held on the second Saturday in every month, except for August and December, between 10 am and 12 at the Dickerage Road Adventure Playground.

No appointment is necessary, but it is helpful if the Councillors know that you are coming.

Contact your Councillors

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 07857 422 140
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 07856 508 063
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 07986 568 973

You can also leave a message for Councillors at the Guildhall by calling the Conservative Office, Guildhall on 020 8547 5130

From Kingston Council

From your MP, Zac Goldsmith

Zac Goldsmith, MPIf you’d like to speak to Zac Goldsmith or make an appointment to attend a surgery, his contact Email is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alternatively, you can telephone his office on 020 8939 0321, or write to 91 Sheen Road, Richmond, Surrey TW19 1YJ.

From the Citizens Advice Bureau

CAB logoMalden & Coombe Citizens Advice Bureau
The Malden Centre, Blagdon Road

A drop-in service is only available on Mondays 9.30 am to 11 am but you can telephone 020 3166 0953 for advice every weekday from 10 am to 1 pm.

From the Police

Call101101 is the number to call our local police when it’s less urgent than a 999 call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls are routed through to Kingston.

Alternatively, to speak to the local Coombe Vale Safer Neighbourhoods Met Police team based in CI Tower, call: 020 8721 2515 or email them using this link.

When to call 101?

Call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighborhood,

or to:

  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry.

You should always to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

What about nuisance or environmental issues?

You should continue to contact Kingston Council at the Guildhall about general issues in your area like:

  • Dog fouling
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Dumping and fly tipping
  • Vandalism of public property

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information