Together, we can care
and campaign for our community.
I’d really like to hear from you.
or phone me on 07986 568 973
I have lived in Coombe Vale ward for 22 years. During that time, I've built a senior management career in Marks and Spencer, met my husband and had two children. In addition to being a Ward Councillor, I work as a business consultant with emphasis on small businesses and youth employment.
I am delighted to have been appointed Opposition lead spokesperson for Healthy Living and Adult Services. There is so much change proposed in this area, both nationally and locally, and it is essential that the Council gets this right within the limited funds it has. With the Health and Social Care Act going through this year, I believe that integration of local health and social services is at the core of this. As part of my role, I sit on the Health and Wellbeing Board as the only opposition councillor, but I work with my other fellow councillors to ensure that we hold the Administration and Council to account to deliver what our residents both want and need.
The areas I cover are:
- Adult care services
- Transforming social care
- Community drug and alcohol team
- Supporting adult health
- Adult services voluntary sector
- Independence and wellbeing
- Community development
- Cemeteries and crematorium
- Registration and citizenship
I have voluntarily been involved in many local and national organisations, including:
- Chair and trustee of a national children’s charity
- A steering group member of Kingston Healthwatch, the health and social wellbeing watchdog organisation for Kingston residents
- An active parent and school governor at my children’s local and special needs schools
- A parent representative on the Kingston Council’s Integrating Services for Disabled Children committee.
- A member of the Kingston parent panel for disabled children
- ‘Local friends of Girl Guiding’ committee member
- Facilitating a proposal for the NHS to manage nationally a rare disease through the NHS National Commissioning Group.
- Working with a local GP practice to explore the practicalities and benefits of creating a patient Foundation.
- Support and guidance for the national palliative care review.
My son had a neurodegenerative disorder and passed away two years ago, aged 12, after ten years of caring for him. Particularly because of my son, I have been fortunate to meet many in the local community and Kingston that I would otherwise have not met. I am very proud of our community and Kingston. My neighbours, friends and professionals know when I commit to something, I give my full support and can take action in an extremely effective way. I want to extend this support to all of the residents in Coombe Vale Ward and influence decisions that we want to happen in our local area, Kingston and our constituency.
If you want to know more about me or wish to raise a local issue, have a view or idea, please contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you.