1. Boris has launched the biggest upgrade of the Tube in its history.
2. Tube delays are down 40% since Boris took office.
3. London Underground is now the safest metro system in Europe.
4. Boris rolled out the use of Oyster cards on National Rail.
5. Boris secured £22billion of investment for Crossrail and tube upgrades.
6. Boris pledges to introduce the first driverless trains on the London Underground.
7. Bus crime is down 32.9% since Boris become mayor.
8. Boris maintained the Freedom Pass and pledges to maintain it for 60 yeatr olds.
9. Boris has fully-costed plans to create 200,000 new jobs the next four years.
10. Boris has created 54,000 apprenticeships, with 84% remaining in continued employment.
11. Boris has cut £2billion of waste from across the GLA group.
12. Boris has delivered 52,000 new affordable homes since he took office.
13. Boris pledges a £70million London Growth Fund with low-cost loans to small businesses.
14. Boris is investing £221million to transform local high streets.
15. Opinion polls show Boris’ policies are thought to be the best to create jobs.
16. Boris launched the Outer London Fund, addressing the neglect of the outer boroughs.
17. Boris froze the mayor’s share of council tax for his first three years, and cut it this year.
18. Crime overall is down 12% since Boris became mayor.
19. London’s murder rate is now at its lowest since 1969.
20. Boris delivered the environmentally friendly New Bus for London.
21. Boris has quadrupled the number of Rape Crisis Centres in London.
22. Boris pledges to boost Safer Neighbourhood Teams, with an extra 2,000 police.
23. Boris will create Safer Neighbourhood Boards in every borough.
24. There are now 1,000 more police on London’s streets.
25. Boris has made knife crime a priority – taking over 11,000 knives off the streets.
26. Robberies are down 16.3% since Boris took office.
27. Youth violence is down 13.8% since Boris took office.
28. Boris has doubled the number of Special Constables in London.
29. There are now one million more police patrols each year than when Boris took office.
30. Boris' ‘Earn Your Travel back’ scheme removes free travel on youth bad behaviour.
31. As part of a cycling revolution, Boris pledges to expand the hire scheme across London.
32. Boris scrapped the Western Extension of the Congestion Charge Zone.
33. Boris scrapped the bendy buses (otherwise known as ‘Ken’s Chariots of Fire’).
34. Boris introduced a permit scheme for road works, reducing road works by 17%.
35. Boris has delivered 10,000 street trees.
37. Boris has helped deliver the Olympics on time and on budget.
38. Boris launched Team London to mobilise thousands of volunteers across London.
39. Boris' Mayor’s Fund for London aims at getting young people get out of poverty.
40. To aid transparency, Boris publishes all spending decisions over £500 online.
41. Boris has been able to secure significant funding from Central Government.
42. Boris scrapped Ken’s highly unpopular Thames Gateway Bridge plans.
43. Boris has fully-funded plans for a true Olympic legacy – including 10,000 jobs.
44. Boris has visited every London borough more times in four years than Ken did in eight.
45. Boris pays all his taxes. (Yes, Ken, we’re still waiting…)
46. Boris has a +20 approval rating.
47. According to opinion polls, Londoners want Boris to represent them at the Olympic Games.
48. Boris is able to unite London – not playing communities off against each other.
49. Boris met 91% of his 2008 manifesto pledges.
50. And finally… Boris is a one-man gangbuster - rescuing a woman from an armed group of “oiks”.
|< Prev||Next >|