I am passionate about the area in which we live and have successfully campaigned on many local issues in Coombe Vale.
I’d really like to hear from you.
or phone me on 07857 422 140
I have lived in Chestnut Grove for 31 years and am married with two grown up sons. I am passionate about the area in which we live and have successfully campaigned on many local issues.
- I was instrumental in the introduction of one-way section of Chestnut Grove, in the interests of safety and the surrounding schools.
- I campaigned for sensible school ‘Keep Clear’ timing to ease congestion and to allow school coaches and deliveries to stop legally.
- I lobbied the Council for the removal of a bottle bank placed unsafely between a primary school and a busy junction.
- With the Resident Liaison Group, I collected over 900 signatures calling on the Council not to expand primary schools on unsuitable sites due to road safety issues, restricted access or the loss of playing fields.
- I helped to collect over 500 signatures calling for a traffic management review in and around the Groves area to address safety issues.
- I supported disabled campaigners opposing increases to social care charges in the March 2011 budget.
- My petition to introduce voice recordings of Council meetings sparked a Conservative Council Motion. 'A Charter for Democratic Transparency’ led to the recording of how Councillors vote and either the handwritten notes or a recording of meetings are to be made available for reference.
I was employed in the travel industry in London in sales and management before leaving to be a full-time mum. Before returning to work, I provided support and care for my Nan when she was diagnosed with dementia. I worked in a Borough primary school as a lunchtime supervisor and then as a teaching assistant, predominantly with children with special educational needs. I have also been a volunteer and mentor at a non-profit social enterprise based in Kingston with a focus on helping people with learning disabilities to find paid & unpaid employment. At the moment I work from home as a part-time administrative assistant.
As one of your Ward Councillors, my priorities include:
- A new primary school in the Maldens and Coombe area for local children.
- Enforcement of road safety measures near schools.
- Accountability for New Malden High Street.
- Joined-up thinking on housing density and its impact on local infrastructure - schools, doctors, dentists, roads, water and drainage.
- Protection and improvement of local health services and social care.
- Resisting the sale of public land and assets without due consideration of its benefit to the community.
- Better ways to consult and engage residents in local and borough-wide issues.